BeverageCo understood that digital channels present significant opportunities to companies and brands based on how they capture and fuel consumer behavior. Among the benefits, digital can:
- Generate insight into consumer behavior and feelings about specific brands
- Deepen relationships with two-way interactions on websites and social media that heighten brand awareness and customer service
- Create new e-commerce sales channels
However, the pace of disruption—fueled by the rapid emergence of new technologies—can make the digital world challenging to navigate. When BeverageCo sought to take advantage of digital, they had many isolated initiatives (such as online advertising and a corporate Facebook page) underway, but lacked traction in any of them. The company also lacked a cohesive vision that promoted collaboration between digital and the traditional corporate structure.
- BeverageCo's website traffic and sales conversion rates were low vs. competitors
- Social media presence was limited, with small communities relative to competitors
- Existing CRM tools failed to capture online interactions and insights that could help BeverageCo see their end consumers more holistically and engage them more frequently
Bain helped BeverageCo redefine both capabilities and organizational structures so that the entire company could benefit and grow from digital as it evolves.